The sew-on purse is larger than an average sized coin purse and has provision to attach a long shoulder strap for use as a messenger style bag, or a shorter strap for use as an elegant evening style bag. This pattern is different to many of the other coin purse patterns in our range, as the purse section is hand-sewn onto the frame. This allows you to sew beads into the frame for added interest. The sew-on purse pattern has been designed especially for use with our Sew-on Purse Frame - Square - Antique (sold separately).
The sew-on purse pattern is available to purchase as a downloadable pdf pattern only. Please see below instructions for how to download your downloadable pattern.
The pattern contains step-by-step text instructions with full color photo instructions. The pattern pieces are actual size. Suitable for beginners through to advanced sewists.
Finished size: Approximately 7½ (19cm) wide x 2 (5cm) deep x 6 (15cm) high (dimensions exclude handle)
* One Bag Bitz pf13 sew-on purse frame - square - antique
* Outer fabric: 15 (38cm) long x 10 (25.5cm) wide OR 7.5 (19cm) long x 20 (51cm) wide
* Lining fabric: Size as above
* Quilted calico: Size as above
* 50ml PVA craft glue
* Thread to match fabric
* Approximately 3 yards (2.74m) x 1cm wide ribbon for a long handle OR approximately 1 yard (91m) x 1cm wide ribbon for a short handle
* Invisible thread or beading elastic
* Approximately 80 x 5mm beads
* Hand sewing needle
To download your downloadable pattern, please log into your account, click on your order, scroll down to the bottom of the page and left click the link for your downloadable pattern. The pattern will then start to download immediately. Please either print the pattern or save the pattern to your hard drive. There is a download limit of 3 downloads per pattern and the links to your pattern will expire in 14 business days.
|Download or paper pattern: