A classic, graceful shape sized to make this bag suitable for every event. A girls night out or an evening social! Simple lines and pleats allow for a long zipper, making this bag easy access! Simple and easy to understand instructions and pattern pieces. Good for beginners through to advanced.
Materials list for the Kimberly bag
For 44" wide light to mid-weight fabric:
* ¾ yard for the exterior and handles
* ⅝ yard of a coordinating fabric for the lining
* 2 yards of 20" wide woven fusible interfacing
For 54" wide mid-weight fabric:
* ½ yard for the exterior and handles
* ⅜ yard of a coordinating fabric for the lining
* 1¼ yards of 20" wide woven fusible interfacing
* ¼ yard of 44" wide fusible fleece
* ⅛ yard of extra-heavy stabilizer
* 18" coordinating purse zipper OR similar coil zipper
* 1 spool of coordinating all-purpose thread
Finished size for the Kimberly bag: 6½" tall plus handles x 17" long x 2¼" deep
Tools needed: scissors, iron/ironing board, ruler and yardstick, chalk pencil or fabric marker, straight pins, turning tool (such as a closed pair of scissors), seam ripper, zipper foot for your sewing machine.